Cyprus – Slovenia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cyprus 1-0 Slovenia
Date: 30.03.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.46 | Bookie: Unibet
- It’s been an expected start to life in Group H for minnows Cyprus who are winless after their first two matches (D1, L1). They’ve never qualified for any major tournament, and are without a win in five World Cup qualifying (WCQ) games (D1, L4). Their most obvious issue in that period is a lack of goals after they managed only one, which came vs Greece back in 2017.
- As a small nation, Cyprus may be encouraged by grabbing a draw and win across their previous five international matches (W1, D1, L3), although they conceded inside the opening 15 minutes in three of those games. Interestingly, the one goalless fixture during that sequence was against Slovakia (34th) who are ranked higher in FIFA’s world rankings than opponents Slovenia (62nd).
- Defeat to Russia last time out made it just one win across Slovenia’s previous four WCQ games (W1, D1, L2), so they’ll hope to get back to winning ways here. One subplot to keep an eye out for is during what half any goals may arrive, given that all four in their two Group H encounters so far have come before HT.
- Whilst the visitors are ranked better than hosts Cyprus (100th), and boast a better recent ten-game record (W6, D3, L1), they have failed to win the two most recent H2Hs (D1, L1). They didn’t score more than a goal in either, something they’ve also failed to manage in four of their previous five matches.
- Players to watch: He picked up a red in the last H2H clash, but Cyprus’ two most recent goals were scored by Grigoris Kastanos. Meanwhile, Josip Iličić netted against Cyprus way back in 2013, and has scored two goals in his last four Slovenia appearances.
- Hot stat: Expect fireworks given that the last two H2Hs produced 15 cards (12 yellow, three red), and Slovenia’s last four matches all featured at least five.
|Head-to-head matches: CYPRUS – SLOVENIA|
|16.10.18||UNL||Slovenia||Cyprus||1 : 1|
|09.09.18||UNL||Cyprus||Slovenia||2 : 1|
|10.09.13||WC||Cyprus||Slovenia||0 : 2|
|12.10.12||WC||Slovenia||Cyprus||2 : 1|
|28.02.06||FI||Cyprus||Slovenia||0 : 1|