Armenia – Romania Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Armenia 3-2 Romania
Date: 31.03.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet
- Red-hot Armenia have won their first two World Cup qualification (WCQ) matches in what is the 99th ranked nation’s best-ever start to a WCQ campaign! Impressively, Armenia’s 2-0 home win against Iceland (#46) at the weekend also extended their unbeaten run to an impressive seven competitive games (W5, D2), while shutting out the opposition in the last three.
- One way or another there should be goals, as Armenia’s last 0-0 at home in competitive action (vs Denmark) dates back to September 2015. Yet whilst the hosts will be on cloud nine after their recent wins, the fact remains that they conceded an average of 5.0 goals per home fixture vs teams ranked inside FIFA’s current top 40 during their previous WCQ campaign – including a thumping 5-0 loss vs Romania (#37).
- Romania will be dreaming of such a result again after losing 1-0 against four-time World Cup winners Germany (#13) last time out, a result that put an end to their three-game unbeaten WCQ run (W2, D1). Encouragingly however, Romania haven’t suffered consecutive losses across their previous two WCQ campaigns, so should feel confident against a nation they’ve beaten ‘to nil’ in four straight H2Hs.
- Goals have been a common theme in Romania’s competitive away matches recently, with all but one of their last nine producing over 2.5 goals. Furthermore, Mirel Rădoi’s men can take encouragement from the fact they have won by a 3+ goal margin in their previous two competitive away matches vs nations ranked outside FIFA’s top 90.
- Players to watch: Tigran Barseghyan has been involved in the opening goal in two of Armenia’s previous three home games (one goal, one assist), yet the battle to score first could also involve Romania’s George Pușcaș as he’s netted the match opener in his last four goalscoring competitive internationals.
- Hot stat: Goalless draws excluded, Romania’s previous nine WCQ away games have averaged one penalty goal per fixture.
|Head-to-head matches: ARMENIA – ROMANIA|
|01.09.17||WC||Romania||Armenia||1 : 0|
|08.10.16||WC||Armenia||Romania||0 : 5|
|28.02.06||FI||Romania||Armenia||2 : 0|
|08.06.05||WC||Romania||Armenia||3 : 0|
|17.11.04||WC||Armenia||Romania||1 : 1|