Southampton – Burnley Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Southampton 3-2 Burnley
Date: 04.04.2021 | Match at: 12:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 30 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet
- The international break came at a good time for sinking Southampton who are desperately out of form after ten defeats across their previous 12 Premier League (PL) matches (W1, D1). Their most obvious problem has been at the back, as their goals conceded average of 2.67 per game was higher than any other side during that period.
- Ralph Hasenhüttl’s men are now in real danger of being dragged into the relegation fight, and haven’t secured a home league victory since beating champions Liverpool at the beginning of the year (D1, L4). Interestingly, all four of their home league goals since have arrived before HT, and the ‘Saints’ do have a good record of scoring early this season, having broken the deadlock in ten of their 14 home league matches – however, no side has gone on to lose more fixtures after doing so (four).
- Burnley are on the same points as their hosts, but their form is much better with only one defeat across their previous eight PL matches (W2, D5). Five of those featured under 2.5 goals – like 68.97% of their league fixtures this term – but despite this, their previous three on the road saw 3+ goals scored. Notably, eight of the ten match strikes across those three games arrived before HT (W2, L1).
- Undefeated in three visits to St Mary’s (W2, D1), the ‘Clarets’ should be feeling positive about getting a result considering they’ve lost only two of their nine away matches vs teams starting the gameweek seventh or below (W4, D3).
- Players to watch: Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse has scored three goals across his last five starts for club and country – each strike opened the scoring for his team. Meanwhile, Chris Wood has netted two first-half goals across his two most recent Burnley appearances.
- Hot stat: No PL side has been caught offside more times than Burnley this season (2.31 on average per game).
|Head-to-head matches: SOUTHAMPTON – BURNLEY|
|26.09.20||PL||Burnley||Southampton||0 : 1|
|15.02.20||PL||Southampton||Burnley||1 : 2|
|10.08.19||PL||Burnley||Southampton||3 : 0|
|02.02.19||PL||Burnley||Southampton||1 : 1|
|12.08.18||PL||Southampton||Burnley||0 : 0|