Arsenal – Slavia Prague Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague
Date: 08.04.2021 | Match at: 20:00 | League: Europa League – Play Offs – Quarter-finals | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.59 | Bookie: Unibet
- For the first time in over five years, Arsenal had just one shot before HT in a Premier League (PL) home game as they fell to a 3-0 defeat vs Liverpool last time out, a result that extended their winless run to three games (D1, L2). That’s not promising form to take into this UEFA Europa League (UEL) clash against a Slavia Prague side that’s already knocked out two British clubs in succession.
- That Liverpool defeat was also the fifth time the ‘Gunners’ have registered less than 40% possession in the PL under Mikel Arteta – a reality that happened just twice in Arsène Wenger’s last 152 PL home games in charge. Still, Arsenal have scored 3+ goals and netted during both halves in four of their five UEL home games this term (W4, L1) and have good memories against Slavia – their largest-ever European home win came against the Czech visitors in a 7-0 drubbing back in 2007.
- That H2H result remains Slavia’s heaviest-ever European defeat, but this is a side in exceptional form conceding just once across four UEL knockout games this term (W2, D2), and that’s unbeaten in 21 competitive matches (W16, D5). That includes two 2-0 away wins vs Rangers and Leicester in the previous rounds – both of which Slavia started as underdogs.
- Unbeaten in their last ten away games (W7, D3), Slavia have also scored the opener in three of their previous four UEL road trips, which puts them in good stead to challenge for just their second-ever win in England after six previous away games in the country (W1, D1, L4).
- Players to watch: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 2+ goals in three of Arsenal’s last four home wins, but red-hot Nicolae Stanciu has netted in his previous six appearances for Slavia, grabbing five first-half goals during that period.
- Hot stat: Arsenal have won seven of their previous eight European fixtures vs Czech opposition (D1).
|Head-to-head matches: ARSENAL – SLAVIA PRAGUE|
|07.11.07||CL||Slavia Prague||Arsenal||0 : 0|
|23.10.07||CL||Arsenal||Slavia Prague||7 : 0|