Burnley – Newcastle Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Burnley 1-2 Newcastle
Date: 11.04.2021 | Match at: 12:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 31 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41 | Bookie: Unibet
- With Burnley not yet safe from relegation, a 3-2 defeat last time out – their first Premier League (PL) loss after leading 2-0 since January 2015 – might set off a few alarm bells. One league win in seven (D4, L2) is also a concern, even if their last four matches have been entertaining (W1, D2, L1) after witnessing both teams score each time.
- However they’ve now drawn five straight PL home games – the first time they’ve done that in the top flight since at least 1913/14! Four of those ended 1-1, whilst the two most recent saw an opener inside ten minutes. Three draws therein also saw the visitors score first, and therefore it’s notable that the ‘Clarets’ have conceded first in nine (60%) of their home league fixtures this term, but fought back to rescue points in four (W1, D3, L5).
- Newcastle United boosted their survival hopes by drawing 2-2 with Tottenham Hotspur, although they remain one of four sides yet to hit the 30-point mark. Having scored just one first-half goal in five matches, two of their last three strikes came in or after the 85th minute – both rescued a point from a losing position.
- However, their dreadful ten-game PL away form (W1, D1, L8) could yet scupper them, with the ‘Magpies’ scoring an average of just 0.5 goals per game during that sequence. Seven of those eight defeats were by a 2+ goal margin, highlighting a tendency to collapse on their travels.
- Players to watch: Chris Wood, who scored the PL’s 100th penalty this term last weekend, has netted three goals in three league games and bagged this fixture’s sole strike last season. Meanwhile, Allan Saint-Maximin scored Newcastle’s most recent PL away goal and also netted in October’s reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Among sides to have entered at least four PL home games as favourites this term, Burnley are the only side yet to lose (W3, D1).
|Head-to-head matches: BURNLEY – NEWCASTLE|
|03.10.20||PL||Newcastle||Burnley||3 : 1|
|29.02.20||PL||Newcastle||Burnley||0 : 0|
|14.12.19||PL||Burnley||Newcastle||1 : 0|
|26.02.19||PL||Newcastle||Burnley||2 : 0|
|26.11.18||PL||Burnley||Newcastle||1 : 2|