AS Roma – Ajax Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
AS Roma 1-1 Ajax
Date: 15.04.2021 | Match at: 20:00 | League: Europa League – Play Offs – Quarter-finals | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet
- A come-from-behind 2-1 win in the first leg in Amsterdam has given Roma the chance of their first UEFA Europa League (UEL)/UEFA Cup semi-final appearance since 1990/91 and their first continental trophy since 1960/61. The ‘Giallorossi‘ should be in a confident mood after winning all five of their knockout UEL matches this term by an aggregate 12-3 scoreline.
- Just one defeat in their last 20 continental matches here (W15, D4), 12 of which saw them keep a clean sheet, gives Roma further cause for optimism. So too does their four UEL home victories this season (D1) which each game saw them score over 2.5 goals, while three saw them open their account inside the first 30 minutes.
- The defeat in the reverse fixture was Ajax’s lone setback across their last 26 competitive outings (W22, D3) and was also the first time they had taken a lead but still lost (in any competitive game) since May, 2019. In yet another negative for the Dutch champions, Ajax have won just three of their last 21 European ties (any competition) against Italian sides (D9, L9).
- Still, just two of their six seasonal losses have come on the road, where Ajax have won five competitive games in a row, keeping a clean sheet and opening the scoring inside the first 30 minutes in four. They will surely fight till the end, as 70% of their UEL goals this term came after the break.
- Players to watch: Borja Mayoral (ROM) scored a first-half opener last time out, whilst each of his last four UEL goals have arrived after the break. Similarly, Davy Klaassen opened the scoring inside the first half in the first leg, but three of his previous four strikes arrived beyond the 49th minute.
- Hot stat: Roma have never lost to Dutch opponent in a UEFA match at home (W1, D2).