Reading – Cardiff Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Reading 1-1 Cardiff
Date: 16.04.2021 | Match at: 18:00 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 42 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.42 | Bookie: Unibet
- A make-or-break potential classic awaits as playoff-chasing Reading host Cardiff City in a H2H that the ‘Royals’ haven’t lost for ten meetings (W4, D6). Reading do need a change of strategy though after picking up just one win from their last six matches (W1, D3, L2), during a period that saw them concede an average of 1.33 goals per game.
- Unbeaten in four straight home matches (W3, D1), Reading have scored first and led at HT in each of their last three wins here. Sitting just two points off a playoff place, the Royals will surely need tact in this clash as both teams have scored in 12 of their last 16 home H2Hs, with an average of 2.50 goals seen per meeting.
- Winless in three consecutive matches, and scoring an average of just 0.57 goals per fixture across their last seven, Cardiff’s playoff hopes look all but over. They could dent their hosts’ promotion push however, especially as the ‘Bluebirds’ have netted first in six of their last ten games. Their last two also produced over 3.5 goals – and goals in both halves – so action certainly looks possible.
- A thumping 5-0 defeat in Cardiff’s last road trip saw them concede three goals before HT, and they’ve now conceded nine away league goals within 30 minutes this season. It’ll come as little surprise then that Cardiff have trailed at HT in eight league awaydays (W1, D3, L4), as well as in two consecutive Championship visits to Reading.
- Players to watch: Reading’s 19-goal Lucas João has netted a second-half strike in two of his last three career H2Hs. Meanwhile, Cardiff’s Will Vaulks scored a first-half goal last time out, and will be one to watch after receiving three H2H yellow cards and never being on the winning side in eight personal H2Hs (D4, L4).
- Hot stat: The last five H2Hs have averaged 4.40 yellow cards per game.