Angers – Rennes Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Angers 0-3 Rennes
Date: 17.04.2021 | Match at: 11:45 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 33 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.47 | Bookie: Unibet
- A Ligue 1 (L1) top-ten finish for a second time in six years looks a difficult proposition for Angers after just one win across their last ten league games (W1, D5, L4). Symbolizing that fade out, Angers have failed to score in 60% of their previous ten L1 matches, compared to 31.82% in the 22 prior! Any effort to change that could come early though, as Angers have scored 61.8% of their goals before HT – the league’s highest percentage!
- That includes ten of 16 scored league goals at home, although Angers have been inconsistent across their last ten L1 matches here (W3, D2, L5). Seven HT clean sheets during this sequence shows strong defensive starts, but Angers have lost the plot late on, conceding seven of 13 ‘goals against’ on or beyond the 70th minute.
- Rennes – one of the only two sides before this round to have a perfect home and away balance (24 points each) – are well-placed to pounce, as ten of their 22 L1 away goals have arrived beyond the 70th minute. Brace for a tight game though, as four of Rennes’ last five L1 away win/loss results have come via a single-goal margin.
- The ‘Red and Blacks’ have revived their fading European qualification hopes with a four-game unbeaten league run (W3, D1) following a sequence of five straight losses. Each of those wins saw Rennes score first, although they won’t mind going 1-0 down after retrieving a league-high 16 points when conceding the opener (W4, D4, L9).
- Players to watch: Stéphane Bahoken has been Angers’ lone scorer in both his L1 home scoring efforts. Meanwhile, Rennes’ Serhou Guirassy has been an away specialist netting all seven of his L1 goals on the road – the last four beyond the 70th minute.
- Hot stat: Nine of the last ten L1 H2Hs featured under 1.5 goals at HT, including four goalless halves.