Paris SG – St Etienne Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Paris SG 3-2 St Etienne
Date: 18.04.2021 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 33 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet
- Now UEFA Champions League semi-finalists, PSG need to pick up the pace in Ligue 1 (L1), as they still sit three points off the top spot, after losing two of their previous four L1 matches. Luckily for ‘Les Parisiens’, they face a side here that they’re unbeaten against in the previous 15 L1 H2Hs at all venues (W10, D5), and have scored in the last 20 – their joint-longest such run against a single L1 side.
- Here, the hosts will be hoping to avoid a fourth consecutive top-flight home loss, and therefore their worst such run in the club’s history! Starting well will be a priority if PSG want to stop that streak, as they are one of just four L1 sides to have lost every home fixture (of four) in which they’ve trailed at HT this campaign.
- A return of three wins from visiting St Étienne’s previous four L1 outings has pulled them clear of the relegation fight for now. Aiming to claim three consecutive victories for the first time since September, St Étienne will likely rely on a good start, as ‘Les Verts’ have lost all but one of the 12 L1 matches in which they’ve trailed at HT this season (D1, L11).
- Notably, all but two of St Étienne’s previous nine L1 away matches have seen the opening goal scored within the first 30 minutes. That includes the visitors netting the opener in their last five such games (W4, L1), with the four wins therein being accompanied by a clean sheet.
- Players to watch: PSG’s Julian Draxler has netted all of his four L1 strikes this season at home, three of which made him the game’s first scorer. Meanwhile, red-hot Wahbi Khazri’s hat trick last time out made it five goals across St Étienne’s previous three wins. The Tunisian hitman scored his team’s opener on each occasion.
- Hot stat: Eight of the last nine competitive H2Hs have witnessed the opening goal scored within 25 minutes.