Augsburg – FC Koln Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Augsburg 2-3 FC Koln
Date: 23.04.2021 | Match at: 19:30 | League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 31 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet
Augsburg – FC Koln Match Preview
- Augsburg’s 2-0 defeat in midweek made it four games from the last five in which they failed to score (W1, D1, L3), and has them slipping down the table at the wrong time. They’ve now failed to net in both halves for 12 consecutive Bundesliga games (W3, D2, L7), and worryingly, their average of 0.83 goals scored per fixture across that period is a decline on their season average of 0.97.
- However, they are unbeaten in four straight Bundesliga home matches (W2, D2), and are yet to lose when scoring first here (W5, D2). Netting the opener is therefore clearly important, especially as Augsburg have picked up just one of a possible 21 points when conceding first at home (D1, L6).
- Despite sitting in the drop zone, Cologne pulled off a shock 2-1 win over RB Leipzig last time out, effectively ending the title race whilst simultaneously grabbing three vital points and halting their own nine-game winless run (D2, L7). Still waiting for a Bundesliga victory when conceding first (D4, L15), they’ve won 76.92% of their total point-haul after scoring first (W6, D2, L1).
- However, they travel here on a run of five away league defeats after losing the second half each time. As the division’s second-worst away scorers, Cologne have also failed to score in 46.67% of their away games (D1, L6), and are yet to score 3+ goals in a Bundesliga away outing this season – although they won all three games when scoring twice.
- Players to watch: All five of Ruben Vargas’ Bundesliga goals this season came as Augsburg’s first goalscorer. Meanwhile, Jonas Hector was the match winner for Cologne last time out with two second-half strikes – he’s now been his side’s first goalscorer in all three games he’s netted in this term.
- Hot stat: Augsburg are unbeaten in 12 straight Bundesliga H2Hs, only losing the first-ever such meeting (W6, D6, L1) – all featured under 3.5 goals.