Liverpool – Newcastle Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle
Date: 24.04.2021 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 33 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.55 | Bookie: Unibet
Liverpool – Newcastle Match Preview
- Despite losing two points in the dying minutes of their Monday draw at Leeds, Liverpool remain firmly in the top-four picture. Now, they will aim to build on a first Premier League (PL) home win of 2021 (W 2-1, Apr 10), while also arresting a trend where they’ve trailed 1-0 at HT in four straight PL home games, three of which saw the goal come between the 40th minute and HT.
- Perhaps needing a tonic after European elimination, and the fallout from developing news of the fledgling ‘ESL’, Liverpool face an opponent against whom they boast a strong recent history at home. The ‘Reds’ have won 83.33% of their last 24 home league clashes vs Newcastle (W20, D4), with 70% of those victories coming after a won first half.
- Newcastle United won a thriller last weekend (3-2) despite losing the second half 2-1, via late goals in quick succession (73’, 80’). The win put their points per game average at 1.09, setting them on course for 41 points – enough to survive in all of the 17 PL seasons before this.
- The visitors have lost four of their last seven away league games, with each loss seeing the ‘Magpies’ lose one half by a 2-0 scoreline. Defeat seems almost inevitable, but for the benefit of those expecting a miraculous first league win at Anfield since April 1994, seven of Newcastle’s last eight PL victories (home / away) have seen the decider arrive beyond the hour mark.
- Players to watch: Sadio Mané scored a first-half brace for Liverpool in last season’s corresponding H2H (W 3-1), and each of his three prior goalscoring games vs Newcastle have produced a two-goal margin win. In opposition, Joseph Willock has seen each of his three goals for Newcastle come during matches producing over 3.5 goals.
- Hot stat: Four (57.14%) of Liverpool’s last seven PL home H2H victories have seen them beat a second-half handicap.