Manchester Utd – AS Roma Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Manchester Utd 6-2 AS Roma
Date: 29.04.2021 | Match at: 20:00 | League: Europa League – Play Offs – Semi-finals | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.45 | Bookie: Unibet
Manchester Utd – AS Roma Match Preview
- Manchester United should be confident that they can take the initiative in this huge UEFA Europa League (UEL) semi-final first leg, given that they’ve not lost such a match in Europe at Old Trafford since 1997 (W4, D3)! Furthermore, the ‘Red Devils’ have also avoided defeat in 11 of their previous 12 European matches against Italian sides (L1).
- A goalless draw for United on Sunday ended not only a run of five straight competitive wins, but it was also the first time in ten matches that Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s men failed to score. They netted 2+ goals in the five wins preceding that stalemate, and strikingly, ten of their 12 goals across that sequence arrived after HT.
- History is against visitors Roma who haven’t enjoyed a European victory on English soil in over 20 years (Feb 2001, 1-0 UEFA Cup win vs Liverpool), losing eight of their 12 such fixtures since (D4). The side from the Italian capital have also conceded nine goals across their previous three trips to Old Trafford (L3) whilst scoring themselves only once.
- Although Roma were almost faultless in this season’s UEL group stage (W5, D1), their recent form of no competitive victory in four matches (D2, L2) should be a worry. In the previous two fixtures in that run, they conceded the opening goal before the 30th minute.
- Players to watch: Since making his competition debut (February 2018), Man United’s Bruno Fernandes has been directly involved in more UEL goals than any other player (17 goals and nine assists). Five of his previous seven contributions were for opening United goals. Roma and former Manchester City player Edin Džeko has scored five goals in his previous four games against Man United at Old Trafford, including a brace in his last two.
- Hot stat: Man United have not conceded more than once in any of their previous 17 UEL home encounters.