Sheffield Wed – Nottingham Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sheffield Wed 0-0 Nottingham
Date: 01.05.2021 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 45 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet
Sheffield Wed – Nottingham Match Preview
- Sheffield Wednesday are in deep trouble and must win to maintain any hopes of Championship survival. They’re favourites here, however they’ve won just three of the 16 league fixtures in which they started as such (D5, L8) compared to nine as outsiders (D4, L15). Key to a much-needed victory could be starting well, given that their last seven competitive wins saw them lead at HT.
- That record has been helped by scoring 63.64% of their home league goals before HT. They’ll be hoping for more of that here, especially if those goals are match openers as they’re the only Championship side to lose every game in which the opposition scored first this season (L18). Albeit history is against them as they’ve lost their final home game in three of the last four seasons (W1), despite taking a lead in two of those defeats.
- Although winless in four (D3, L1), Nottingham Forest travel to Hillsborough knowing a 14th consecutive Championship season is secure. But they still need one point to avoid their worst points-return since 2016/17, and their recent record against Wednesday isn’t great, avoiding defeat in just five of the previous 14 H2Hs (W3, D2, L9).
- Two defeats in 13 away league encounters shows Forest have been tough to overcome on the road (W5, D6). Finding the back of the net remains an issue though and only three teams have scored fewer away league goals (16). Furthermore, three of Chris Hughton’s previous five managerial visits to Hillsborough have seen his side fail to score (W1, D3, L1).
- Players to watch: Barry Bannan is Wednesday’s most carded player this season (eight), but he has only one yellow card in 13 career H2H appearances. Forest’s H2H hero Lewis Grabban netted a late equaliser in the reverse fixture, and has seen four of his six league goals arrive after the 60th minute.
- Hot stat: Forest have scored a league-high 69.44% of their goals in the second half.