Manchester City – Paris SG Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Manchester City 2-0 Paris SG
Date: 04.05.2021 | Match at: 20:00 | League: Champions League – Play Offs – Semi-finals | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.59 | Bookie: Unibet
Manchester City – Paris SG Match Preview
- Manchester City have one foot in the final following their 2-1 win at Paris Saint-Germain, and if history is anything to go by their first-ever European Cup/UEFA Champions League (UCL) final appearance looks likely – in all 47 previous occasions that an English team won a knockout away first leg in the European Cup/UCL they progressed! Having not conceded before the 75th minute in both previous home H2Hs vs PSG (W1, D1), City certainly appear in a strong position.
- Especially so, as they’ve won 12 of their last 14 home matches, impressively leading at HT in ten. They’ve been quick starters in the UCL too, netting within 20 minutes in four of five such home games this term. That, coupled with a good European home record vs French opposition (W3, D1, L1), makes for promising reading.
- Like City, PSG desperately want to become the 23rd different UCL/European Cup winner and first new trophy holder since Chelsea in 2012. However, that first-leg defeat was the first time in over 20 years that they lost a UCL game after leading at HT, and they’ve now won just once across their previous four UCL fixtures (W1, D1, L2) despite scoring a first-half opener in three.
- With a domestic title still to fight for, this season has been a hard slog by PSG’s lofty standards, although you wouldn’t know it when looking at their ten-game away form (W10). Famous wins over Bayern and Barcelona are included within that and make up two of seven matches during that period where PSG scored in both halves.
- Players to watch: After grabbing a first-leg equaliser, Kevin De Bruyne has been City’s first scorer in the last four UCL games he’s netted in. In a similar vein, PSG’s Neymar has netted a first-half opener in the previous four UCL matches he’s scored in.
- Hot stat: City boss Pep Guardiola has faced PSG counterpart Mauricio Pochettino 19 times previously, going unbeaten on 16 occasions (W11, D5, L3).