Benfica – FC Porto Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Benfica 1-1 FC Porto
Date: 06.05.2021 | Match at: 18:30 | League: PORTUGAL: Primeira Liga – Round 31 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet
Benfica – FC Porto Match Preview
- These two O Clássico rivals have locked out every national title since 2003, but things might be about to change, with Benfica realistically just fighting for a place in the UEFA Champions League group stage. Despite winning nine of their last ten league games (including seven clean sheets), the ‘Eagles’ trail second-placed Porto by four points with as many games remaining, and cannot afford to lose.
- Defence is a huge part of Benfica’s strategy to home success, with each of their last four home victories witnessing them win at least one half by a specific 1-0 scoreline. Naturally, this fixture demands a similarly pragmatic approach, and unsurprisingly, Benfica’s previous five Primeira Liga (LPFP) home H2Hs vs Porto have all seen at least one half won/lost 1-0 (2H: W1, L4).
- Still just in the title race and facing a ‘must-win’ game, Porto will be confident after going five Clássicos unbeaten (W4, D1), leading at HT in the two league wins therein. Indeed, leading at the break could be important, given that HT leaders have taken 37 of a possible 45 points (FT: W11, D4, L0) across the last 15 LPFP H2Hs to produce a first half won/lost.
- Edging the all-time H2H stakes (W97, D61, L88), the visitors are unbeaten in 12 away league games overall this season (W9, D3). Clearly, they seldom waste time, taking the lead within 20 minutes in six of the last seven victories within that sequence. However, each of the three wins in that group of seven to see both teams score witnessed Porto concede the second match goal.
- Players to watch: Chiquinho struck the winner in Benfica’s most recent home fixture, and half of his last six decisive goals have been match openers between the 31st-45th minute. In opposition, Porto’s Mehdi Taremi netted a late equaliser (p 86’) in Porto’s last away game (D 1-1), and now four of his last five LPFP penalty goals have arrived beyond the hour mark.
- Hot stat: Twenty (40%) of the last 50 LPFP H2Hs have produced a 1-0 HT scoreline.