Stuttgart – Augsburg Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Stuttgart 2-1 Augsburg
Date: 07.05.2021 | Match at: 19:30 | League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 32 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.51 | Bookie: Unibet
Stuttgart – Augsburg Match Preview
- An untimely run of four straight defeats has ended Stuttgart’s hopes of qualifying for European football for the first time since 2013/14. Still, it’s their best top-flight performance after 31 rounds since 2012/13, with their +10 goal difference from the 76th minute till FT a factor in that – even despite failing to turn any HT defeat into a win this season (D4, L8 after trailing at HT).
- Back-to-back defeats at the Mercedes-Benz Arena – but against top-five sides – have been damaging, although the hosts have picked up 77.78% of their Bundesliga home points in their last eight games (W4, D2, L2). Notably however, Stuttgart have dropped points in over half of their nine home league games that saw them score first (W4, D3, L2).
- With just one point from four league games and with relegation still possible, Augsburg pulled the emergency brake and installed former coach Markus Weinzierl. Scoring has been the biggest issue this Bundesliga campaign, where their goal-a-game average has contributed to them failing to score in both halves in their last 13 league games (W3, D2, L8).
- Having lost seven of their last eight on the road (W1) and entering this game on the back of three straight goalscoring failures, Augsburg are at least boosted by just one defeat in their last five games at Stuttgart (W3, D1). Averaging just 0.8 away league goals, only Augsburg’s first road trip this season saw them score more than once, while they’ve particularly struggled after conceding first (D1, L7).
- Players to watch: Saša Kalajdžić has scored 14 goals in 30 league games for Stuttgart this season – that’s his best goal-per-game season average during his career (0.47 per match). Nine of those 14 came at home. Meanwhile André Hahn is Augsburg’s top scorer (seven goals), although he is yet to score between the 26th and 74th minute.
- Hot stat: Six of the last seven H2H matches saw the eventual winner ahead ‘to nil’ at HT.