Crystal Palace – Aston Villa Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Crystal Palace 3-2 Aston Villa
Date: 16.05.2021 | Match at: 12:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 36 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet
Crystal Palace – Aston Villa Match Preview
- Three wins from their final three games will see Crystal Palace secure their best-ever Premier League (PL) points total. That’s a tough ask, especially after their relative success after 35 games has been built on a consistent record against the bottom-five teams – against which they have amassed 56.1% of their total points (W7, D2, L1) – and considering they’ve struggled against the top 12 with 18 goals and just three wins (W3, D6, L12).
- The ‘Eagles’ have failed to win four of their last five home games (W1, D2, L2), a similar tail-off to last season (W1, D1, L3) after securing safety. Scoring first will be important, as 11 PL games at Selhurst Park have been won by the team to strike first (Palace: W5), while only one come-from-behind win (of any kind) has been recorded here all season.
- Aston Villa still have an outside shot of claiming a European place. The timely return of captain Jack Grealish will no doubt help, given their struggles during his absence (W3, D4, L6). Each of their six games prior to their midweek 0-0 draw with Everton saw over 2.5 goals and both sides score, with Villa netting first in five of those.
- Dean Smith’s Villa have displayed much-improved defensive resilience on the road, with all but one of their eight PL away wins coming ‘to nil’. Indeed, they’ve conceded just 15 away league goals (home: 26), with only Manchester City conceding less. Action-packed endings are frequent however, as 12 of 39 total PL away goals (30.77%) arrived after the 75th minute.
- Players to watch: Palace’s Christian Benteke has scored one of eight PL goals at home, the lowest ratio of any player who has scored five or more (12.5%). Similarly, Villa’s Anwar El-Ghazi has scored six of his eight PL goals (75%) on the road.
- Hot stat: Manchester City are the only team to pick up more ‘first-half points’ on the road than Villa (HT: W7, D7, L3).