Southampton – Leeds Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Southampton 0-2 Leeds
Date: 18.05.2021 | Match at: 18:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 37 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet
Southampton – Leeds Match Preview
- A rejuvenated Southampton are looking to finish with a flourish after bagging 3+ goals in back-to-back Premier League (PL) games for the first time since December 2018, with those two fixtures also representing their first consecutive victories since last December. The third game in that sequence finished 1-1, although a draw hasn’t been recorded between these two sides across 11 competitive H2H meetings.
- ‘Saints’ currently boast their longest unbeaten PL run at home since 2018/19 (W3, D1) and have found the net in 11 of 12 competitive home games in 2021, yet it’s rarely straightforward for them. The side scoring first failed to win in six of the last nine games here, and they won just one of the five in which they netted the opener in that run (D2, L2).
- Leeds United still have an outside chance of making the top-seven thanks to a run of one defeat in nine PL matches (W5, D3). Another win here would see them record three consecutive PL successes for only the second time this season, and also put them just one win away from securing the second-best ever PL return for a promoted team behind only Newcastle (1993/94).
- Marcelo Bielsa’s side are the only PL side yet to draw an away league game (W9, L9), and that drawless run actually stretches a joint club-record 24 league trips. In this one, the first goal should be key given that the side scoring first won Leeds’ last seven away encounters (W3, L4).
- Players to watch: Southampton’s Nathan Tella scored his first professional goal plus an assist last time out – the goal came just 98 seconds after being subbed on. Following his recent goal and two assists, Jack Harrison has contributed to over a quarter of Leeds’ PL goals (28.07%) – two of his last three goals were match openers inside 15 minutes.
- Hot stat: Leeds have scored a league-high 13 goals from outside of the box this season.