Dortmund – Bayer Leverkusen Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Dortmund 3-1 Bayer Leverkusen
Date: 22.05.2021 | Match at: 14:30 | League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 34 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet
Dortmund – Bayer Leverkusen Match Preview
- Borussia Dortmund’s best Bundesliga winning run of the season (W6) was extended thanks to a 3-1 victory at Mainz, a result that marked the eighth consecutive match in which they led at HT, and sixth from the last seven that saw them beat a -1 handicap. While a win is needed to help secure third place, they’ve guaranteed Champions League football for next season ahead of this end-of-season clash against a tricky Bayer Leverkusen side that’s won the last two H2Hs after scoring in both halves.
- Although none of Dortmund’s previous five top-flight seasons saw more home defeats than the four they’ve suffered this campaign (W10, D2, L4), they’re still the division’s second highest home scorers (2.31 goals per match). That’s helped them net in both halves in three consecutive Bundesliga games here, a feat they could achieve again as they’ve done exactly that in the last five home H2Hs too (W5).
- Bayer Leverkusen have secured a UEFA Europa League place, and regardless of the result here they will stay in sixth place. Their four-game form shows an uninspired end to the season (W1, D2, L1), although recent history suggests they might sign off with a bang as Leverkusen have won their previous five final games of a Bundesliga campaign.
- That said, they’ve failed to score in four straight Bundesliga road trips (D2, L2) in what is their worst such run for over 30 years, and have scored just once before HT in competitive away action during 2021.
- Players to watch: Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho has now registered 10+ assists in three consecutive top-flight seasons, becoming the first English player to achieve such a feat across Europe’s top-five divisions since David Beckham. Another talented youngster, Florian Wirtz, scored for Leverkusen last time out and is now the youngest-ever player to rack up six Bundesliga goals – five were netted after HT.
- Hot stat: Dortmund have hit the woodwork a league-high 14 times this season.