Holstein Kiel – FC Koln Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Holstein Kiel 1-5 FC Koln
Date: 29.05.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Relegation – Final | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet
Holstein Kiel – FC Koln Match Preview
- A 59th minute header from Simon Lorenz was enough to give Holstein Kiel a slender 1-0 lead heading into this vital Bundesliga relegation playoff second leg. Despite now playing ten matches in 33 days, Kiel should fancy their chances of securing their first-ever promotion to the Bundesliga, and in turn, becoming just the fourth lower-league side to win a 21st century playoff tie.
- Boasting an impressive home league record this season (W11, D2, L4), Kiel’s success has emanated from a solid defence that’s kept seven clean sheets on home soil this campaign. In fact, the hosts had the best backline in the second division during 2020/21, conceding just 1.03 goals per fixture. Further confidence will come from Kiel being defeated only once this season by a 2+ goal margin – a result that would see Cologne turn this playoff around.
- Despite stealing a late victory in their final Bundesliga match to avoid automatic relegation, Cologne struggled to assert any dominance in this tie’s first leg. That 1-0 loss highlighted their attacking issues up front, also seen by the Billy Goats’ average of just one goal scored per Bundesliga game this term – the division’s third worst such record.
- The visitors’ indifferent road form this league season fails to inspire (W5, D4, L8), yet Cologne have lost just once away when leading. That suggests that grabbing the opening goal here is vital if survival is to be secured, a feat Cologne have managed only 11 times from 34 Bundesliga outings this season.
- Players to watch: Kiel’s Janni Serra is in fantastic goal-scoring form of late – five of his 16 strikes across all competitions have fallen in the 60th to 70th minute period. Meanwhile, six of Ondrej Duda’s seven Bundesliga goals for Cologne this season came before HT.
- Hot stat: Across their last 44 Bundesliga matches, Cologne have only produced one victory by a 2+ goal margin.