Malta – Northern Ireland Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Malta 0-3 Northern Ireland
Date: 30.05.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: Friendly International | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.54 | Bookie: Unibet
Malta – Northern Ireland Match Preview
- Despite ending 2020 on a seven-game unbeaten streak, Malta have stalled in 2021 and are yet to win this calendar year (D1, L2). Those recent results have nosedived the ‘Falcons’ to the foot of their World Cup Qualifying group, but after scoring in ten of their last 12 matches they could still pose a threat in this friendly held in neutral Austria.
- Clutching a two-game H2H unbeaten run (D2), a 0-0 in the last meeting looks unlikely to be repeated as four of Malta’s last five matches saw both teams score. Additionally, the 21 matches they’ve played since the start of 2019 have produced an average of 2.86 goals per game, but the grim reality is that they’ve lost ‘to nil’ in 42.86% of those outings.
- With Northern Ireland not enjoying a win within 90 minutes for 13 games (D6, L7), they’ll hope for a more inspired effort than their 0-0 last time out. However they’ve conceded during the first half in two of their last three matches, and will surely need some ‘northern iron’ here as Malta have netted an average of 1.57 goals across their last seven matches.
- Further highlighting Northern Ireland’s weaknesses is the fact they haven’t scored a first-half goal for nine matches, and haven’t kept a shutout for eight on foreign soil. Having also failed to score over 1.5 goals within 90 minutes for 13 straight fixtures, as well as the last four H2Hs, this match could be a tough assignment for Ian Baraclough’s men.
- Players to watch: Alexander Satariano has bagged seven goals for club and country in 2021 and scored Malta’s second of two first-half goals two matches ago. Northern Ireland’s Josh Magennis has bagged seven goals from eight club matches since his last call-up – four were struck after the 60th minute.
- Hot stat: Malta are winless in seven historical H2Hs (D2, L5), and are hunting just their second-ever H2H goal.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Malta 0-3 Northern Ireland Predictions and Betting Tips 30.05.2021"