Bosnia & Herzegovina – Montenegro Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bosnia & Herzegovina 0-0 Montenegro
Date: 02.06.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: Friendly International | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41 | Bookie: Unibet
Bosnia & Herzegovina – Montenegro Match Preview
- After missing out on qualification for Euro 2020 thanks to a penalty shoot-out loss vs Northern Ireland in the playoff semi-final, Bosnia & Herzegovina begin a rather quiet summer with a home friendly against neighbours Montenegro. They’ve won just one of their last 14 fixtures dating back to October 2019 (D4, L9), therefore a victory is overdue in order to boost their rock-bottom morale.
- Sat in 56th spot in the FIFA rankings, Bosnia are winless in their last eight matches on home soil (D2, L6). Their problems have often manifested in front of goal and they’ve now failed to score in each of their last five home fixtures. A quick start here could be crucial to igniting some much-needed confidence for the hosts, but considering they’ve led just once at HT in their previous 14 matches (home and away), that feat seems relatively unlikely.
- Montenegro – ranked 63rd – make the short trip north in fine form having lost just twice in their previous 12 outings (W7, D3). That has proven a fantastic turnaround considering that the ‘Brave Falcons’ had won just three times in 21 internationals prior (D7, L11) – conceding an average 1.81 goals per match in that sequence.
- Improving that defensive record has been a key reason behind their recent upturn in form and they come into this having conceded just six times and securing seven clean sheets across that impressive 12-game stint. Notably, they also shut out their opponents in the only previous H2H (0-0, May 2018).
- Key battle: Bosnia goalkeeper Ibrahim Šehić has kept just one clean sheet in his last 11 appearances for his country. A rare shut out looks unlikely though as Montenegro’s record goalscorer Stevan Jovetić (31 goals) has struck four times in his last four international appearances – two arrived on or beyond the 80th minute.
- Hot stat: In 11 attempts against sides ranked better in the current FIFA standings, Montenegro are yet to win an away friendly (D3, L8).