Switzerland – Liechtenstein Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Switzerland 7-0 Liechtenstein
Date: 03.06.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: Friendly International | Tip: Under 5.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet
Switzerland – Liechtenstein Match Preview
- Following a five-game winning streak (1 x awarded), Switzerland (FIFA rank: #13) head into their final warm-up game ahead of Euro 2020 against Liechtenstein (#186) in high spirits. Topically, under boss Vladimir Petković, Switzerland boast a perfect record against UEFA nations currently ranked outside of FIFA’s top 100 (W17) – ten of those victories were by 2+ goal margin.
- Against such sides, Switzerland have proven not just lethal in attack but also solid in defence – particularly at home. They’ve secured wins ‘to nil’ in nine of their last ten home games vs European sides placed outside the top 100. Eight of those victories also saw them lead at both HT/FT, whilst five came by 3+ goal margin.
- Minnows Liechtenstein are Europe’s third-lowest ranked UEFA nation by FIFA and have a population less than 1% the size of Switzerland’s. Coincidentally, they’re led by Swiss-born coach Martin Stocklasa who still seeks his first result at the fourth time of asking but will have a job on his hands as Liechtenstein have never beaten a side ranked better than #90.
- Six of Liechtenstein’s last 13 games played on foreign soil saw them lose at both HT/FT and their only match during that period vs a top #20 nation saw them concede 2+ goals in both halves as they fell to a 6-0 defeat against Italy. Moreover, all six of Liechtenstein’s away defeats since the start of 2019 came ‘to nil’ and by a 3+ goal margin.
- Players to watch: Xherdan Shaqiri both scored and assisted for Switzerland in the last H2H, and he scored in their last home game vs non-top #100 opposition (Lithuania). Meanwhile, Yanik Frick has scored two of Liechtenstein’s four goals since the start of 2020, but was also booked in four of his last six international appearances.
- Hot stat: Liechtenstein have conceded during both halves in 13 of their last 16 games vs UEFA nations ranked within ten places of Switzerland (L16). They failed to score in 14.