Russia – Bulgaria Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Russia 1-0 Bulgaria
Date: 05.06.2021 | Match at: 16:00 | League: Friendly International | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet
Russia – Bulgaria Match Preview
- Russia conclude their preparations for this summer’s edition of the European Championships as favourites in a home tie against lowly Bulgaria. It’ll be Russia’s fifth straight Euros appearance but they’ll be focused on grabbing a crucial morale-boosting victory here as Stanislav Cherchesov’s men have now returned just two wins across their previous ten internationals (D4, L4).
- Ranked 38th in the world, the hosts can at least turn to their solid home form for inspiration, losing just twice in their last 13 fixtures played on Russian soil (W8, D3). That form has been built on a profitable frontline which has averaged 2.31 goals scored per game across that period, although keeping seven clean sheets also helped. Scoring first could prove vital considering the hosts opened the scoring in all eight of their previous home victories.
- Visiting Bulgaria battled their way to a draw against Euro 2020 bound Slovakia on Tuesday but the away side remain in poor form after winning just twice across their last 26 internationals (D9, L15). Unsurprisingly, the main problem area for FIFA’s 71st-ranked nation has been in defence as the visitors have kept just five clean sheets across that stint – conceding 1.54 goals per match on average.
- Their away form further fails to inspire as Bulgaria haven’t tasted victory on their travels since October 2018, going winless in 12 attempts since (D6, L6). To make matters worse, the visitors haven’t beaten any side currently ranked better than Russia home or away since August 2017 (3-2 vs Sweden).
- Players to watch: Three of Russia’s last five international goals have been scored by right backs – two from Mario Fernandes, and one from Vyacheslav Karavaev last time out. Meanwhile, Bulgaria captain Vasil Bozhikov will have to watch his discipline as he has two yellow cards from his last four international appearances.
- Hot stat: Since hosting the 2018 World Cup, Russia have attempted 9+ shots in all 13 of their home internationals since.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Russia 1-0 Bulgaria Predictions and Betting Tips 05.06.2021"