Cameroon – Nigeria Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cameroon 0-0 Nigeria
Date: 08.06.2021 | Match at: 16:00 | League: Friendly International | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet
Cameroon – Nigeria Match Preview
- Cameroon (FIFA rank: #55) look to make it two friendly wins over Nigeria in four days following their 1-0 victory on Friday, their seventh match in eight to feature the same HT/FT outcome (W2, D3, D3). It was also their first H2H win in ten attempts (D2, L7 – outcome at 90 minutes) so they’ll be ready for a Nigerian backlash.
- Encouragingly though, this game – like last week’s – is being played in neutral Austria, and the ‘Indomitable Lions’ have only lost one of their last six official matches played on foreign soil (W3, D2), although those fixtures produced a tame average of 1.33 goals per game. Interestingly, they didn’t concede an opener during that sequence.
- Nigeria (FIFA rank: #32) will be gunning for revenge as defeat last week snapped a five-match unbeaten run (W2, D3), during a series of fixtures in which they scored five (62.5%) out of eight goals before the 30th minute. More of the same would be very welcome here, particularly as they’ve failed to win any of the last four games in which they conceded before HT (D2, L2).
- Worryingly then, the ‘Super Eagles’ have netted just one first-half goal in their last five matches on foreign soil (HT: D3, L2). Furthermore, as none of those fixtures featured goals in both halves, and the last five H2Hs anywhere saw the first scorers undefeated (Nigeria: W3, D1, L1), another tardy start could prove costly.
- Players to watch: Maxim Choupo-Moting, Cameroon’s only squad member to have scored more than three international goals, is their main threat – he netted four times in a five-match sequence for Bayern Munich in April. For Nigeria, Paul Onuauchu has bagged two goals after the 80th minute in three internationals.
- Hot stat: Nigeria are unbeaten across the last seven matches in which they scored first (W3, D4 – outcome at 90 minutes).