Paraguay – Brazil Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Paraguay 0-2 Brazil
Date: 09.06.2021 | Match at: 01:30 | League: SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 8 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet
Paraguay – Brazil Match Preview
- Paraguay aim to extend their unbeaten start to this FIFA World Cup qualification (WCQ) campaign (W1, D4), and successfully qualify for the first time since 2010. In a huge boost to their chances in this match, they have avoided defeat in every WCQ home H2H played against Brazil over the past three decades (W2, D2), keeping a first-half clean sheet every time.
- Paraguay’s three score draws recorded so far in this WCQ campaign have averaged 3.33 total goals per match. However, all three saw one half produce under 1.5 match goals. Two of those draws ended 2-2 – as, curiously, did the last H2H qualification clash in Asunción (HT: 1-0).
- Brazil’s 2-0 victory over Ecuador on WCQ matchday five kept them ‘perfect’ so far this campaign, and firmly on course to beat their qualification win-rate of 66.67% for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The five-time world champions already look like near-certainties to finish top of the WCQ table, for what would be a fourth successive time under the CONMEBOL region’s 18-game qualification format (2000-2009 & 2015-present).
- Four of Brazil’s five WCQ victories to date have seen them win one half by an exact two-goal margin. The win over Ecuador saw both goals arrive after a goalless opening 45 minutes, and H2H history follows a similar theme, with fourteen (87.5%) of their previous 16 WCQ matches vs Paraguay witnessing under 1.5 first-half goals.
- Players to watch: Albeit at club level, Miguel Almirón (PAR) and Gabriel Jesus (BRA) were involved in a seven-goal thriller as opponents only last month. Almirón’s last goal for Paraguay (Nov 2019) proved decisive in a 1-0 win, while five of Jesus’ last six goalscoring internationals have ended up as victories by a precise two-goal margin.
- Hot stat: Going back to 2000, eight (61.54%) of the previous 13 ‘matchday six’ WCQ fixtures with a lower-ranked host have stood goalless at HT.