Denmark – Finland Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Denmark 0-1 Finland
Date: 12.06.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: Euro – Round 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet
Denmark – Finland Match Preview
- It’s been nearly 30 years since Denmark’s 1992 European Championship success, and whilst they’re big outsiders to replicate that this summer, their recent form of just one defeat in 12 matches (W9, D2) suggests they have the potential to progress into the latter stages. Impressively, they kept a clean sheet in nine of those 12 fixtures, putting them in good stead as they open their Euro 2020 campaign in familiar surroundings – Copenhagen’s Parken Stadium.
- An undefeated Euro 2020 qualification campaign may be a good omen for things to come (W4, D4), especially as Denmark failed to achieve that in all 15 prior Euro qualification campaigns. However, since winning the competition 29 years ago, they’ve won only three of their 13 matches in the finals (D3, L7) and progressed beyond the group stage just once – way back in 2004.
- Finland’s Euro dreams are finally a reality as they make their competition debut here, although they look unlikely to trouble their Group B rivals given they’ve not won since November 2020 (D2, L4). Yet Markku Kanerva’s side can take comfort knowing that four of the five nations that made their finals debut in the 2016 edition progressed past the group stage.
- Finland’s lack of major tournament pedigree makes them an unknown quantity, although H2H history is certainly against them. They’ve lost four of their previous five matches vs Denmark (D1), although each loss came by just a slim one-goal margin. That’s the same margin seen in two of their previous three defeats coming into this tournament.
- Players to watch: Barcelona forward Martin Braithwaite has scored two goals before the 20th minute for Denmark during 2021. Finnish finisher Joel Pohjanpalo has scored an impressive four goals in three matches at club level, and two goals across his last three international appearances. Four of those combined strikes arrived in the 15 minutes either side of HT.
- Hot stat: Denmark have scored at least once after the 70th minute in seven of their last eight matches.