Austria – North Macedonia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Austria 3-1 North Macedonia
Date: 13.06.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: Euro 2020 – Round 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet
Austria – North Macedonia Match Preview
- Austria make only their third appearance at the European Championship finals. By beginning their campaign against a lower-ranked side, they will be hopeful of winning a game at a major tournament for the first time since the 1990 World Cup. So too will they aspire for a first goal at a Euro finals before the 60th minute, after logging a previous group stage record of: D2, L4.
- Though favourites in this clash at the Arena Naţională in Bucharest, Franco Foda’s side are without a win or a goal in three matches (D1, L2). However, you would have to go back to November 2019 to find the last time the Austrians failed to beat an opponent currently ranked outside FIFA’s top 50.
- Amid a last minute kit change due to fan outrage, North Macedonia enter the Euro finals for the very first time as an independent nation, reaching this historic moment via the UEFA Nations League playoffs. ‘Euro 84’ was the last occasion at which any Macedonian (playing for the now-defunct Yugoslavia) was eligible to participate, but Yugoslavia lost all three group games on that occasion.
- Coach Igor Angelovski has set the goal of a place in the last 16, and confidence should be sky-high, as his charges come into this game unbeaten in four – including a famous win against Germany. The outsiders in Group C, coming from ‘Pot 4’, North Macedonia did suffer two H2H defeats in the Euro 2020 qualifiers, although they scored in each, with both fixtures witnessing a match goal in the first 20 minutes.
- Players to watch: Marko Arnautović hit a double for Austria in their handicap-beating Euro 2020 qualification H2H win, while Vlatko Stojanovski hit a late consolation in the return. Both of his prior international goals closed the scoring in games ending 2-1 (W1, L1).
- Hot stat: Four (66.67%) of the six sides drawn from ‘Pot 4’ for Euro 2016 progressed to the knockout stage.