Turkey – Wales Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Turkey 0-2 Wales
Date: 16.06.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: Euro 2020 – Round 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet
Turkey – Wales Match Preview
- The Baku Olympic Stadium plays host to this crucial matchday two Euro 2020 fixture, and for logistical reasons, Turkey fans are expected to outnumber the Welsh contingent. The Turks will need all the support they can get, after suffering a fifth consecutive opening fixture loss at the European Championships, losing 3-0 to a rampant Italy.
- It was a first ever own-goal to open a tournament that set Turkey on their way to defeat, but on a more encouraging note, Turkey have won by a two-goal margin in two of their last four competitive games immediately following a loss (W3, D1). Additionally, their last H2H defeat (1-0) came way back in 1981 when current manager Senol Günes was in goal!
- Managed by Robert Page – who made his international debut in a goalless draw against Turkey – Euro 2016 semi finalists Wales took much encouragement from their opening matchday draw vs Switzerland. Saturday’s 1-1 scoreline means that 76.47% of Wales’ competitive games since the start of 2019 have produced under 2.5 goals.
- Just one of Wales’ six prior H2Hs vs Turkey saw both teams score, but by contrast, both teams have scored in three of Wales’ four all-time Euro group games to date. If the latter scenario prevails, Wales’ strong record on Azerbaijani soil (W3, D1) may provide a confidence booster should they concede here.
- Players to watch: Defying his 35 years, Turkish striker Burak Yılmaz hit a quarter of Lille’s goals en-route to the French title in 2020/21, including five match openers. As for Wales, four of Kieffer Moore’s six international goals have been headers, and he is currently averaging one goal in every three international appearances (six from 18).
- Hot stat: Turkey have produced under 2.5 shots on target in five of their last six European Championship games.