Denmark – Belgium Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Denmark 1-2 Belgium
Date: 17.06.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: Euro 2020 – Round 2 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet
Denmark – Belgium Match Preview
- Denmark once more take to the Parken Stadium, after losing 1-0 to Finland here in their Group B opener. That loss meant very little in the context of events that transpired just prior to HT, but with star midfielder Christian Eriksen now stable, Denmark will aim to avenge their brace of H2H losses (both by a two-goal margin) in last year’s UEFA Nations League fixtures.
- With just two losses in their last 12 internationals overall (W9, D1, L2), Denmark still have some hope of reaching the Euro knockouts for the first time since 2004. Encouragingly for them, the Danes kept eight clean sheets during that 12 game stint, conceding just 0.58 goals per fixture.
- After a 3-0 demolition of Russia to open their Euro 2020 campaign, Belgium have now won four of their last five games at the European Championships, which is as many victories as they attained across their first 13 games in the competition! Another win may be paramount though, with five of the last six Euro finals seeing the eventual champion equal or better their opening result on matchday two.
- With Belgium scoring an average of 2.70 goals per match across their last ten fixtures (W8, D2), the ‘Red Devils’ remain FIFA’s #1 ranked team. Going back to 1996, FIFA’s highest-ranked UEFA nation (at the time) in Euro finals has a good ‘matchday two’ record of: W4, D2. Three of those four victories saw a winning margin of over 2.5 goals.
- Players to watch: Denmark’s Martin Braithwaite has two goals in his last five internationals, with both strikes coming before the 20th minute. Meanwhile, Romelu Lukaku’s brace vs Russia means he has now scored 22 international goals in 19 matches since the 2018 World Cup, with four of his last five strikes for Belgium being the last on the day.
- Hot stat: This H2H has averaged 3.47 goals per game across 15 prior editions.