Hungary – France Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Hungary 1-1 France
Date: 19.06.2021 | Match at: 14:00 | League: Euro 2020 – Round 2 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet
Hungary – France Match Preview
- Hungary will need all the support they can get from fans at Budapest’s Puskás Aréna after suffering a European Championship opening day defeat (90 minutes) for the first time in their history, losing 3-0 to Portugal. The Hungarians conceded all three goals during that game in the final ten minutes of play, meaning their last six goals conceded in this competition have now arrived after the 75th minute.
- Worryingly, only three teams have lost their group opener and progressed to the knockout phase across the last two tournaments; each won both their remaining games – an almost impossible task for Hungary in this ‘group of death’. Notwithstanding that, they have at least won six of their eight meetings with France held on Hungarian soil (D1, L1).
- Reigning world champions France make this trip to the Hungarian capital after defeating heavyweights Germany 1-0 in their opening game. Impressively, that was their 17th competitive encounter without a loss (W14, D3). Another win here could mean a lot, as ‘Les Bleus’ have reached the Euro final every time they’ve won their opening two group stage matches in the competition (Runners-up: 2016, Champions: 1984, 2000).
- The world’s number two ranked nation are also enjoying a run of five consecutive victories without conceding, and notably, a sixth successive shutout would mark their longest run without conceding since September 2007. Furthermore, a quick start could be on the cards considering that Didier Deschamps’ men have scored the opener within 30 minutes in the previous three H2Hs (W3).
- Players to watch: Hungary’s Roland Sallai has scored his team’s first goal in three of his four goalscoring internationals so far. Meanwhile, five of Kylian Mbappé’s previous six goalscoring matches for France that featured over 1.5 goals also saw Antoine Griezmann get on the scoresheet.
- Hot stat: Hungary have shut out the opposition before the 60th minute in their last seven internationals.