Uruguay – Paraguay Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Uruguay 1-0 Paraguay
Date: 29.06.2021 | Match at: 01:00 | League: SOUTH AMERICA: Copa América – Round 5 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.63 | Bookie: Unibet
Uruguay – Paraguay Match Preview
- Uruguay – CONMEBOL’s smallest nation by population (3.5M) and winners of the inaugural World Cup – sealed their progression from the group stages for the eighth time in nine Copa América (CA) tournaments with a 2-0 win over Bolivia last time out, and in doing so registered their first victory in six competitive matches (D3, L2). However, with their results getting progressively better in this edition (W1, D1, L1), the record 15-time CA winners will be gunning for their first consecutive group stage victories at this tournament since 1995.
- They must avoid defeat in this match at the Estádio Olímpico Nilton Santos in Rio to dodge a game versus hosts Brazil at this venue in the quarter-finals. Favourites here, Uruguay are undefeated in eight consecutive H2Hs dating back to 2007 (W4, D4). A ninth unbeaten might well see a clean sheet for Uruguay, with seven of their last nine CA group finales witnessing at least one team fail to score.
- Though outsiders, Paraguay will feel confident after two victories from their opening three matches at this tournament for the first time since 2007. Both wins came by a 2+ goal margin, marking a huge turnaround from pre-tournament form, where Paraguay had only recorded two such victories in 41 prior competitive matches!
- However, to top a CA group for the first time since 2004, Paraguay must better Argentina’s result vs Bolivia in Cuiabá. Although that remains unlikely, a strong defensive start may help, especially with Paraguay conceding the opener inside the first 15 minutes in three of their last four matches.
- Players to watch: Uruguay have won each of their last seven competitive matches to see Edinson Cavani find the net, with four (50%) of his eight goals during the run arriving within the first or last ten minutes of play. Meanwhile, Miguel Almirón has scored all of his 13 competitive goals for club and country since 2020 inside the opening 60 minutes.
- Hot stat: Four of the last six H2Hs have ended as a draw after a level HT score.