Czech Republic – Denmark Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Czech Republic 1-2 Denmark
Date: 03.07.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: Euro 2020 – Play Offs – Quarter-finals | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.48 | Bookie: Unibet
Czech Republic – Denmark Match Preview
- Czech Republic head to Baku for a European Championships quarter-final against everyone’s ‘second team’, Denmark, after taking advantage of an extra man to knock out the Netherlands, in turn securing their fourth top-eight finish in seven appearances at this tournament as an independent nation. Confidence should therefore be high, especially as their last H2H win (D5, L1, since) against Denmark came at this very stage of the Euros back in 2004 (3-0), while they also won the only other meeting at these championships in 2000 (2-0).
- The Czechs became the first team since at least 1980 to deny the Netherlands a single shot on target at the Euros, and another solid defensive performance is possible here, as they are yet to concede over 1.5 goals in four games during this edition – the first time playing as the Czech Republic that they’ve achieved that.
- Denmark have reached this stage for the first time since 2004, after registering their first knock-out win at this tournament since their surprise triumph in 1992. Their 4-0 victory over Wales was their second consecutive match at the Euros to see them score 4+ goals, and only their third such match in history (Yugoslavia 5-0 in 1984)!
- The Danes have led 1-0 at HT in each of their last three outings (W2, L1), whilst netting the opener in seven of their previous nine internationals (W6, D1, L2). Their strong performances are emphasised by winning at least six more corners than their opponents in three of their four Euro matches, as they continue to recover from the disturbing scenes involving Christian Eriksen in their opening game.
- Players to watch: Patrik Schick is a goal away from equalling Milan Baroš’ Czech record for most goals at a single Euro finals. Meanwhile, including last time out, Kasper Dolberg has netted a brace in all four previous matches he’s found the net for Denmark!
- Hot stat: Of the teams to progress to the Euro 2020 quarter-finals, Denmark are the only squad to register 6+ shots on target in all of their matches so far.