Flamengo RJ – Fluminense Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Flamengo RJ 0-1 Fluminense
Date: 04.07.2021 | Match at: 20:00 | League: BRAZIL: Serie A – Round 9 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet
Flamengo RJ – Fluminense Match Preview
- Brazilian Série A (SA) champions Flamengo gear up for the fifth ‘Fla-Flu’ matchup of this calendar year! This rivalry was born almost 109 years ago to the day, on the 7th of July 1912, when Fluminense ran out 3-2 winners. Since then, the clubs have gone on to win 12 Brazilian Championships between them, with the last two going to Flamengo.
- Even at this early stage of the SA season, Flamengo are the only side yet to draw a game (W4, L2) with the side scoring first going on to win every game. Interestingly, Flamengo were one of the best-disciplined sides until last time out, when they received five of their 11-card haul so far! On a similar theme, four of the last ten H2Hs have seen at least eight bookings!
- Across 21st century H2Hs alone, Flamengo have a clear edge (W24, D15, L16), and also boast the upper hand across the last 36 SA clashes (W16, D9, L11). Current ‘Big Mengo’ boss Rogério Ceni is, however, yet to beat Fluminense (D2, L2), though he did beat a Roger Machado-managed Bahia side back in 2019 whilst manager of Fortaleza (2-1).
- Matchday underdogs Fluminense are currently enduring their worst run of winless SA games since a five-game stretch in 2019, but they did end that run with a 2-0 win as outsiders. Yet, ten points from eight games represents Fluminense’s worst return at this stage of a season since posting seven in 2019. They went on to finish 14th then, without scoring a league H2H goal.
- Players to watch: Flamengo will primarily look to Bruno Henrique for an early offensive outlet, as he has scored three first-half goals across his last two home appearances. Meanwhile, Fluminense captain Fred is the highest scoring currently-active player in the ‘Fla-Flu’ series (six goals), and will likely be a key figure here.
- Hot stat: The last ten competitive Fla-Flu encounters have averaged 5.3 yellow cards per game.