Gremio – Internacional Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Gremio 0-0 Internacional
Date: 10.07.2021 | Match at: 20:30 | League: BRAZIL: Serie A – Round 11 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet
Gremio – Internacional Match Preview
- Born here in Porto Alegre back in 1909, the ‘GreNal’ derby between fierce-rivals Grêmio and Internacional is arguably one of the best world derbies in terms of atmosphere and ferocity. The cultural importance of this game means people across Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul feel strongly one way or the other, with the record attendance coming in at over 85,000!
- Whilst the first ever GreNal ended with a record 10-0 win for Grêmio, expect no such result here as Grêmio are one of only three sides to have picked up two or fewer points after eight Serié A rounds in this format (D2, L6). That form has prompted the return of well-travelled manager Luiz Felipe Scolari for a fourth stint, and his record vs Internacional stands at: W3, D3, L3, with all but one game won/lost seeing just one side score.
- Opponents Internacional sit in mid-table following a run of four games without victory (D2, L2). However, it should be noted that both of their Serié A wins so far came away from home, and neither were level at HT. Notably, manager Diego Aguirre is seeking his first win against either Grêmio (D1, L2) or their new manager, Scolari (L1).
- Interestingly, the H2H record across the last 32 Serié A meetings is split, with both sides winning ten, whilst 12 ended level. But whatever happens, expect a feisty affair, as the eight domestic H2Hs since the start of 2020 averaged 6.25 total cards per game. Seven of those saw both sides receive 2+ cards, whilst three of the last six saw both sides have a man sent off!
- Players to watch: Veteran midfielder Diego Souza has scored twice and received two yellow cards in GreNal derbies since his 2020 move to Grêmio. Meanwhile, Edenilson either scored or was booked in each of his last five Internacional appearances (three goals, three cards) – he’s also been sent off twice across his 14 GreNal appearances.
- Hot stat: Grêmio are currently on their longest run without a goal since another four-game sequence in 2016 – that streak ended with a 1-0 home win as favourites.