Mexico – Canada Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Mexico 2-1 Canada
Date: 30.07.2021 | Match at: 03:00 | League: NORTH & CENTRAL AMERICA: Gold Cup – Play Offs – Semi-finals | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet
Mexico – Canada Match Preview
- Record 11-time Gold Cup (GC) winners, pre-tournament favourites, and defending champions Mexico stroll into their 13th GC semi-final. Dubbed the ‘Kings of CONCACAF’, their dominance in this tournament is unprecedented, having featured in nine of 15 GC finals since 1991 and winning an astonishing eight of those.
- Yet to concede during this edition, Mexico navigated the group stage undefeated (W2, D1), while a 12-minute first-half onslaught got the job done in a 3-0 win against Honduras in the quarter-finals – resulting in 42.86% of their 2021 GC goals being scored in the 15-30 minute interval. Overall, Mexico’s confidence should be soaring after losing only one of their last 22 fixtures in regulation time (W16, D5, L1).
- However, so should Canada’s confidence as they appear in their first GC semi-final since 2007, after falling at the quarter-final stage in three of the last six tournaments. The two-time winners (1985, 2000) have scored ten goals across their four fixtures so far (W3, L1), and will need that goal-scoring ability here after netting one goal or none in five of their last seven GC knockout matches.
- The ‘Canucks’ have enjoyed a fantastic 2021 so far, scoring 41 goals while conceding only four (W9, L1). However, their last victory over Mexico was in the quarter-final of the 2000 GC, a historic extra-time 2-1 win en route to their second title. In the nine H2Hs since, Canada have buckled to Mexico’s dominance (D3, L6), scoring only four goals whilst conceding 16.
- Players to watch: Mexico’s Rogelio Funes Mori has seen two of his three tournament goals serve as match openers, while Junior Hoillet’s two goals for Canada in this tournament has moved him into the top ten all-time scorers for his nation.
- Hot stat: Ten of Mexico’s last 12 fixtures have seen the same HT/FT result.