Sparta Prague – Monaco Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sparta Prague 0-2 Monaco
Date: 03.08.2021 | Match at: 18:00 | League: Champions League – Qualification – Semi-finals | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet
Sparta Prague – Monaco Match Preview
- After dispatching Rapid Vienna in the last round, Sparta Prague face a tough test as they take on a Monaco side that contributed heavily to an enthralling four-way French title race last season. Yet while this will be the first-ever H2H between these teams, record 12-time Czech First League champions Sparta have continental pedigree, and their recent 2-0 home win over Vienna was actually their 292nd clash across Europe’s top competitions (W117, D67, L108 – excludes Intertoto Cup).
- That said, the last time Sparta made it to the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage was in 2005/06, and they’ve since been knocked out at the qualifying stage seven times. A good start could be the confidence booster the Czechs need, and considering they’ve scored before the 20th minute in three straight competitive matches at the Generali Arena (W3), it’s certainly possible.
- It’s been over two months since Monaco last played a competitive fixture, but they’ll have a point to prove as their last two UCL campaigns saw them fail to win a single match despite playing 12 group games (D3, L9). On paper this qualifier should prove easier, and Monaco have won in Prague before – beating Sparta’s fierce rivals Slavia 2-0 in the UEFA Cup back in 2005/06.
- That was two seasons after Monaco’s last European final appearance (2003/04 UCL runners up), but if they’re to emulate past glories a strong result here is crucial. The eight-time French champions did show their mettle on the road at the end of 2020/21 though, winning seven of their final eight competitive road trips (D1), which included leading at HT in five.
- Players to watch: David Moberg Karlsson has scored before the 20th minute in Sparta’s previous two home matches. Wissam Ben Yedder has never played in Europe with Monaco, but has scored in their last two competitive victories.
- Hot stat: The opener has arrived by the fifth minute in four of Sparta’s last six games.