Bournemouth – West Brom Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bournemouth 2-2 West Brom
Date: 06.08.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bournemouth – West Brom Match Preview
- The 2021/22 EFL Championship season kicks off with a Friday night (local time) contest between Bournemouth and West Brom, two sides fancied to be in the promotion picture come next May. With fans back in attendance at the Vitality Stadium after the relaxing of Covid restrictions, Bournemouth will hope to extend their record of winning every Championship season opener (x3), and at a ground that suggests a winner either way as there were just three draws here last league season.
- Bringing in Scott Parker as manager after their playoff failure, the ‘Cherries’ have been notably quiet in the transfer market so far, but will hope to replicate their start to last season that saw them go unbeaten in their opening seven home games (W5, D2). Being first to strike should help, as only two of 27 competitive matches here last campaign saw the team that scored first go on to lose.
- The archetypal ‘yo-yo’ club, West Brom equalled the unwanted record of five Premier League (PL) relegations last season. Now under the tutelage of Valérien Ismaël, the ‘Baggies‘ will hope to once again showcase their ‘bounce-back-ability‘ by claiming an immediate PL return for the third time after ending last season with four straight defeats.
- However West Brom need to snap a run of four H2Hs without success at Bournemouth (D1, L3), but can take encouragement from a joint-least four away defeats the last time they played in this division (2019/20).
- Players to watch: Bournemouth’s Dominic Solanke scored four league goals last season (of 15) in first or second-half injury time, while West Brom’s Karlan Grant has only been on the winning side seven times across his last 22 goalscoring games!
- Hot stat: Eleven of the last 13 H2Hs have been settled by a one-goal margin. Six of those ended 2-1 either way.