Fulham – Middlesbrough Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Fulham 1-1 Middlesbrough
Date: 08.08.2021 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Fulham – Middlesbrough Match Preview
- A new dawn beckons for Fulham as Marco Silva takes on his first management role since 2019 as he looks to guide the ‘Cottagers’ to an immediate return to the Premier League. However momentum is everything in football, and considering Fulham ended last season in shocking fashion without a win in ten league games (D2, L8), a slow start here may be on the cards.
- Winning their opening home game following their last relegation, en route to winning the play-offs in 2019/20, should breed hope. Surprisingly, this is Silva’s first taste of second-tier football, but he will be looking to keep his unbeaten record in home league debuts at English clubs intact (W2, D1) – each of which saw his side score 2+ goals.
- After finishing 2020/21 with a whimper (W2, D2, L5), much has changed at Middlesbrough over the summer with an abundance of new talent signed up as manager Neil Warnock looks to work his promotion magic for the ninth time. The fact this is Warnock’s second full season is key, as seven of his eight promotions came within his first two seasons at a club.
- That record, coupled with an encouraging pre-season, gives Boro fans hope for the new campaign. Even though Middlesbrough have won just one of their last five league trips to Craven Cottage (W1, D1, L3) they should head into this clash with a positive outlook as they aim to build on the impressive 60% unbeaten rate they managed as away league outsiders last season (W4, D5, L6).
- Players to watch: Fulham’s marquee summer signing Harry Wilson scored seven goals for Cardiff last season, five of which came beyond HT. Middlesbrough’s new signing Uche Ikpeazu could start up front after impressing in pre-season, though surprisingly just one of the imposing 6’3 striker’s six goals last campaign was a header.
- Hot stat: Boro boss Neil Warnock has won just two of his 11 meetings vs Fulham (W2, D4, L5).