Bristol City – Swansea Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bristol City 0-1 Swansea
Date: 20.08.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 4 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bristol City – Swansea Match Preview
- A weight was lifted from Bristol City’s collective shoulders as they battled to a 3-2 victory over Reading last time out. That ended the Robins’ longest league win drought since their 2014/15 return to the second-tier (D4, L8), and eased some of the pressure that was building on manager Nigel Pearson.
- They will now look to record consecutive wins for the first time since February, but face a tough opponent in Swansea who finished 15 places above them last season. Three points here appears a tall task then, especially as Bristol are enduring a run of nine competitive games without a clean sheet. The last three of those even saw them concede a first-half goal.
- After achieving back-to-back top-six finishes under Steve Cooper, this new look Swansea City could yet have the blueprint for success under Russell Martin, albeit they’re without a league win from three. However they are replicating the dominant possession stats which Martin recorded with his MK Dons side last term, but are lacking the same bite, averaging just eight goal attempts per game (2.67 on target) despite having at least 60% possession in all three Championship games.
- The visitors have won just one of their last five Championship away fixtures (D1, L3), and a return of just one goal across the last 293 minutes of away H2H play is worrying too. Scoring first could be the key to better form, as Swansea have picked up 31 of their last 38 away points when doing so (W10, D1).
- Players to watch: Despite a nine-month absence, Bristol’s Andreas Weimann scored within five minutes last time out before doubling up after HT. Meanwhile, Dutchman Joël Piroe has scored in two of his first three competitive Swansea appearances despite playing a full 90’ just once.
- Hot stat: Pearson is unbeaten in six of eight personal H2Hs with Swansea (W5, D1, L2). His side scored 2+ goals in each win.