Southampton – Manchester Utd Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Southampton 1-1 Manchester Utd
Date: 22.08.2021 | Match at: 14:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 2 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Southampton – Manchester Utd Match Preview
- Southampton will be hoping that the full return of fans to St Mary’s Stadium can help them defy expectations. The ‘Saints’ have a lot of work to do, after matchday one saw them turn a HT lead into a loss by 2+ goals for the first time in a Premier League (PL) game since December 2013, taking the shine off Adam Armstrong’s instinctive debut goal.
- Ralph Hasenhüttl’s men risk opening a league campaign with back-to-back losses for a third successive season, and have never gone on to finish inside the PL’s top-half when doing so. In this century alone, Southampton have lost their opening brace of PL games four times, but they ultimately averaged a comfortable 45.25 points across those campaigns.
- Manchester United ended gameweek one top of the PL after thrashing fierce rivals Leeds 5-1, during which Bruno Fernandes became the first player to score an opening day hat-trick for the ‘Red Devils’ since 1977/78. That 5-1 result is United’s joint-biggest PL season-opening win, and matched the start of their title-winning 2006/07 campaign – the first of three successive title wins!
- Thanks partly to a club-record ten penalty goals in a single PL season last term, the visitors will travel to Hampshire as only the third different club to go unbeaten away in an English top-flight campaign since the start of 1888/89. They’ve also netted a spot-kick in three of their last four away league wins, with two of those conversions proving decisive.
- Players to watch: Four of Southampton striker Adam Armstrong’s last five goal scoring games have seen both teams combine for over 3.5 total goals. Aiming to eclipse him, Paul Pogba got four assists vs Leeds, to seal only the third-ever PL match in which one Man Utd player scored a hat-trick and another recorded 3+ assists.
- Hot stat: Man Utd have a ‘matchday two’ draw rate of 57.14% following an opening-day PL win by 3+ goals (W3, D4).