Getafe – Sevilla Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Getafe 0-1 Sevilla
Date: 23.08.2021 | Match at: 19:00 | League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 2 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.60 | Bookie: Unibet.
Getafe – Sevilla Match Preview
- Getafe’s poor La Liga (LL) form of late 2020/21 continued into the new campaign after a 1-0 loss to ten-man Valencia in the opening round. Consequently, the ‘Azulones’ have won just two of their last 14 in the league, while failing to score in nine of those outings, and are at risk of suffering two defeats in their opening two games of a top-flight season for only the third time ever.
- Despite Getafe’s poor form, a visit from opponents Sevilla may still be welcomed, given returning manager Míchel’s record of five wins in six managerial LL games against Sevilla, who are also one of his former employers.
- Aiming once again to challenge LL’s ‘Big Three’ after registering their highest top-flight points tally this century, Sevilla started the campaign with an impressive 3-0 victory over Rayo Vallecano. As such, they are on track to begin their LL season with two wins for the third successive season – a feat they have never achieved before.
- They too will be happy to see their opponents next on the fixture list, as they have won each of the last four H2H matches ‘to-nil’. A unique piece of history is also on the line because of this dominance, as Sevilla have never before won five consecutive games against a side without conceding in the top-flight.
- Players to watch: Getafe’s joint-top scorer last season, Jaime Mata Arnáiz, has scored five of his last six goals after HT, while Sevilla’s Youssef En-Nesyri has seen five of his last six LL goals serve as match openers. The latter man also scored in a H2H last season, providing the final goal in a 3-0 victory.
- Hot stat: Getafe have lost 14 of their last 19 LL games when starting as a matchday outsider (W1, D4).