Ludogorets – Malmo FF Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Ludogorets 2-1 Malmo FF
Date: 24.08.2021 | Match at: 20:00 | League: Champions League – Qualification – Final | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Ludogorets – Malmo FF Match Preview
- Trailing 2-0 from the first leg of this UEFA Champions League (UCL) play-off tie, reigning Bulgarian title-holders Ludogorets face an uphill battle to qualify for the competition’s group stage for the first time since 2016/17. With a difficult deficit to overturn, the hosts will be hoping to find the same form that has seen them win their first three league matches by a combined +10 goal difference!
- The ‘Eagles’ do at least have a fantastic home record to fall back on. Winning 13 of their last 15 competitive home fixtures (L2), Ludogorets have scored an impressive 2.53 goals on average per match during that time, something likely to only improve given the additions they’ve made in attack over summer. Keeping nine clean sheets from those 15 home matches should also inspire confidence.
- UCL runners-up in 1978/79, Swedish giants Malmö are no strangers to European football. The visitors will be hoping to complete the job after that solid first-leg victory, and in the process qualify for the UCL group stage for just the third time in their history.
- The visitors arrive here in fantastic form, losing just once across their last nine away matches (W4, D4). Only keeping two clean sheets from those nine matches may cause some concern heading into this second leg, although a strong 2-1 away win against Rangers in the last qualifying round highlights their resilience, as they played the whole second half with just ten men.
- Players to watch: Ludogorets winger Cauly has scored in two of his side’s previous three UCL home qualifying matches, scoring twice in the 90th minute. Malmö’s Antonio Čolak is also in red hot form in UCL qualifying, and has five goals in seven appearances.
- Hot stat: Malmö are now unbeaten in their last 13 UCL matches (W8, D5), although they only scored more than two goals in one of those matches.