Dinamo Zagreb – Sheriff Tiraspol Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Dinamo Zagreb 0-0 Sheriff Tiraspol
Date: 25.08.2021 | Match at: 20:00 | League: Champions League – Qualification – Final | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Dinamo Zagreb – Sheriff Tiraspol Match Preview
- Dinamo Zagreb are on the verge of failing to qualify for the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage for a second consecutive season unless they can overcome a three-goal thumping away to Moldova’s Sheriff Tiraspol last week. Having sandwiched that nightmare result between 1-0 home league victories, they’ll be hoping their domestic form can inspire them to a dramatic turnaround.
- It was the rudest of awakenings for the Croatian champions last week having previously coasted into this play-off round after winning three of their prior four UCL games ‘to nil’. In fact, it was the first time since a 3-3 draw with Molde FK in 2015/16 that Dinamo had conceded three goals in any UCL qualification or playoff round match, and their heaviest defeat in the preliminary stages for more than a decade.
- After 18 failed attempts to qualify for this illustrious tournament, Moldova’s most successful club are one step away from becoming the first in their country to reach a UCL group stage. Like their opponents, they too have now opened the scoring in six of seven qualification/playoff matches in this season’s edition.
- They could also be turning a new leaf in a frustrating history with Dinamo, having previously not won any of the previous six H2H clashes (D2, L4) in regulation time prior to the first leg, whilst failing to score a single goal in four of the meetings between 2012/13 and 2013/14. With a weekend league match postponed between the two legs of this tie, Sheriff have been able to direct all of their efforts into this potentially memorable encounter.
- Players to watch: Dinamo’s Mislav Oršić has now scored second half goals in his last two league appearances. Conversely, Adama Traoré has been a continental specialist with goals in three of Sheriff’s seven UCL matches.
- Hot stat: Prior to this week, the last 42 matches of this qualification/playoff stage all featured at least one goal.