Mallorca – Espanyol Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Mallorca 1-0 Espanyol
Date: 27.08.2021 | Match at: 19:00 | League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 3 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.54 | Bookie: Unibet.
Mallorca – Espanyol Match Preview
- Four points from a possible six represents an excellent return to La Liga (LL) action for Mallorca. They now take on familiar opponents Espanyol, who finished one place ahead of them as champions in Spain’s Segunda División (LL2) last season. Some revenge for pipping them to the title might be on the cards, and dishing some out by way of a victory here would hand Mallorca their first back-to-back top-flight successes since October 2019!
- Last week’s 1-0 victory vs Alavés was very much a throwback to last season where similar scorelines proved to be a key staple of Mallorca’s promotion-winning campaign. This was especially the case at home, where 12 of their 17 draws or wins were also accompanied by a clean sheet.
- Although Espanyol enjoyed the honour of returning to LL as LL2 champions, their form has been uninspired so far with fans enduring two drab goalless draws. They will hope this isn’t a continuation of the struggles in front of goal which plagued their final LL appearances in the 2019/20 campaign, yet it’s hard to ignore their record of just one goal scored across their last ten top-flight encounters.
- The visitors took four points from Mallorca last season, which might give them a psychological edge heading into this one. However, they should be cautious given that in each of the last two LL campaigns, the previous season’s LL2 runners up have done the double over their fellow promoted champions!
- Players to watch: Mallorca forward Amath Ndiaye netted one of his nine league goals last season in this fixture, whilst Espanyol will be hoping it’s only a matter of time before Raúl de Tomás, scorer of 23 league goals last season, gets off the mark in this year’s campaign.
- Hot stat: Ahead of this round, LL has produced five 0-0 matches. That‘s one more than the Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 combined!