Manchester City – Arsenal Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Manchester City 5-0 Arsenal
Date: 28.08.2021 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 3 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.62 | Bookie: Unibet.
Manchester City – Arsenal Match Preview
- Manchester City responded in typical fashion after their opening round loss by thrashing Norwich, their second-straight 5-0 home win and a result which prompted boss Pep Guardiola to joke that his team were now “scary” after being “written off” the week before. Nonetheless, that win extended their run of inconsistent performances starting from the backend of last season that’s seen them alternate wins and losses over their last seven Premier League (PL) rounds.
- They’ll be highly fancied to snap that seven-game sequence against an Arsenal side they’ve beaten in five straight home H2Hs. They opened the scoring in the last four of those and did likewise in 16 of 19 home league games last season, although that couldn’t stop City recording less points at home (41) than away (45) for the first time since their top-flight return in 2002/03.
- Covid chaos and injuries have undoubtedly played a huge part in Arsenal starting a PL season for the first-time ever with two straight defeats ‘to nil’, but the manner of the losses will still worry the Arsenal hierarchy and ramp up pressure on manager Mikel Arteta after a big summer spend.
- We’re likely to see the ‘Gunners’ in a better light later in the season, just as last campaign, when they won the most points per game – bar City – from Xmas onwards. They therefore look set to create another unwanted record as defeat here will see them register nine straight PL losses against City, which would mark their longest run of consecutive league defeats vs any club!
- Players to watch: Raheem Sterling has eight career goals vs Arsenal, including both PL match winners last season. Arsenal’s only win against City in the last 11 attempts featured two goals from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, and his last 21 goalscoring club games (90 mins) have seen Arsenal avoid defeat.
- Hot stat: Across the last 23 competitive H2Hs, 22 have featured at least one first-half goal.