Burnley – Leeds Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Burnley 1-1 Leeds
Date: 29.08.2021 | Match at: 14:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 3 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.47 | Bookie: Unibet.
Burnley – Leeds Match Preview
- Although often touted for Premier League (PL) relegation, Burnley usually end up silencing the critics by grinding out performances. However, these are worrying times for the ‘Clarets’ as they are currently enduring their worst-ever run of PL losses (L5). If nothing else, at least manager Sean Dyche brought some old-school charm to the division in the last round, after fielding a PL team with the numbers 1-11 on their shirts – the first time that’s happened since 1998/99!
- Burnley might be due a draw though, as their last 12 PL games ended up with a winner (W3, L9). That said, just one of the last 22 league H2Hs ended level, with Burnley winning a mere six meetings to Leeds United’s 15.
- Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds are yet to win in the PL this campaign (D1, L1) but have provided rip-roaring entertainment for the neutral with ten match goals across their opening two games. In fact, no side’s PL fixtures have seen more goals than Leeds’ 126 since their return to the top-flight, although they must tighten up at the back if they are to build on an impressive ninth-place finish last season.
- That defensive frailty was seen in Leeds’ 5-1 away defeat on opening day, a result that means Leeds still haven’t recorded a PL away draw since their return (W10, L10) – the division’s longest current drawless run on the road. However a repeat of last season’s 4-0 H2H success here may not surprise the Leeds faithful considering their team’s fine record when starting as away league favourites since the start of 2020/21 (W5, L1).
- Players to watch: Burnley’s all-time top PL scorer, Chris Wood (46 goals), has found the net just once in eight league H2Hs vs former club Leeds. Meanwhile, just two of Raphinha’s seven PL goals for Leeds were match openers.
- Hot stat: No current PL side has seen more penalties awarded against them than Leeds since the start of 2020/21 (ten).