Denmark – Scotland Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Denmark 2-0 Scotland
Date: 01.09.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Denmark – Scotland Match Preview
- Denmark stole the hearts of many after a spirited Euro 2020 display that took them to the brink of the final, but will now look to break Scottish ones as they aim to continue their 100% winning start to this World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) campaign (W3). Fourteen goals scored and zero conceded represents their best-ever start to a WCQ campaign, and they’re big favourites to keep the momentum going here vs second-placed Scotland in the first competitive H2H since the 1986 World Cup.
- It’s been nearly three months since the harrowing scenes involving Christian Eriksen at this very stadium, but the Danes responded to that in impressive fashion, outshooting their opponents 61-13 in the goal attempt stakes across their three Euro 2020 games at Parken Stadium! They’ll look to attack from the off again and could draw on a bit of Danish history – their first-ever World Cup finals goal came vs Scotland.
- Considering there’s three potential second-place contenders in Group F, if Scotland are to progress they’ll surely have to get something from Denmark during qualifying. However you have to go back to 1975 and a Kenny Dalglish-inspired side to find the last time Scotland won a competitive H2H, a man the Scots would have loved to have had during their winless Euro 2020 venture (D1, L2).
- Winless it may have been, but it was still progress as Scotland featured in their first major tournament since the 1998 World Cup. They remain unbeaten in this WCQ campaign though (W1, D2), and that’s despite fighting back from a losing position on three separate occasions, showing this squad has grit in abundance.
- Players to watch: Denmark have won eight of the ten games that Barcelona’s Martin Braithwaite has found the net. Similarly, Scotland are unbeaten when Ryan Fraser has scored (W3, D1) – he’s netted two 2022 WCQ goals so far.
- Hot streak: Denmark’s last five WCQ home wins saw them lead at HT.