Andorra – San Marino Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Andorra 2-0 San Marino
Date: 02.09.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.52 | Bookie: Unibet.
Andorra – San Marino Match Preview
- It may be a battle between European minnows, but Andorra still face a country, San Marino, more than seven times smaller than them. A goalless draw for the hosts last time out (vs Gibraltar), and a late consolation strike in their previous WCQ game means the Pyrenees mountain nation have something that resembles form going into this clash and are favourites to record just their third-ever victory in a WCQ match (W2, D3, L50).
- That’s the aim for manager and former Andorran goalkeeper Koldo, who’s defensive masterclasses in training must be paying off as his side, ranked 156th by FIFA, haven’t conceded before the 40th minute in four straight home matches (D1, L3).
- Although 2020 saw football ground to a halt, it was a year that famously saw San Marino finally halt the influx of goals at the back as they claimed their first away clean sheet (0-0 vs Liechtenstein) since joining FIFA in 1990, ending a mammoth 40-game losing run across all venues in the process. This game now presents a real chance to repeat that feat, although the only previous H2H saw San Marino fall to a 2-0 loss.
- Despite what must be one of the safest managerial jobs in world football considering San Marino have only ever gone unbeaten in seven FIFA-sanctioned games, boss Franco Varrella has still managed to improve his squad of part-time players with two of those seven unbeaten matches arriving during his three-year reign. The reward: San Marino are no longer the world’s worst footballing nation according to FIFA!
- Key battle: Andorra’s last scorer, Marc Vales, has seen both his international goals open the scoring at this stadium. He’s up against Elia Benedettini, goalkeeper for the world’s second-worst footballing nation. Benedettini’s two clean sheets in 2020 gave San Marino their first-ever unbeaten run of two competitive games.
- Hot stat: San Marino’s last five WCQ away fixtures saw them concede within 20 minutes.