Chile – Brazil Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Chile 0-1 Brazil
Date: 03.09.2021 | Match at: 02:00 | League: World Cup – Qualification – Round 9 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Chile – Brazil Match Preview
- It’s been a less than ideal World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) campaign for Chile who have secured just one win across their first six matches (D3, L2). These next two weeks could therefore be decisive in terms of whether they’ll fail to reach a World Cup finals for a second consecutive time, something that’s not happened since 2006.
- Worryingly for the hosts, they’ve lost their previous two H2H fixtures against Brazil, both without scoring. They’ve also not scored in their previous two competitive clashes, one of which was vs Brazil in the Copa América back in July. However, a positive is that you’d have to go back to October 2017 for the last time ‘La Roja’ didn’t score in a WCQ match, albeit that particular fixture also came against their opponents here.
- Remarkably, Brazil are the only national team to have played in all FIFA World Cup editions, and given their record in qualifying so far, that doesn’t look set to change (W6). Not only have they been winning, but frankly they’ve been blowing away their South American rivals. To date, they’ve scored 2+ goals in all but one of their WCQ victories and have conceded only two goals in response, both of which came vs Peru.
- Not just that, but they’re currently riding an impressive 11-game unbeaten streak in away WCQ encounters (W7, D4). Their last defeat in such a game came way back in October 2015, however it was against none-other than Chile in a 2-0 loss at this very stadium!
- Players to watch: Chile forward Eduardo Vargas started the scoring off in that 2-0 win vs Brazil back in 2015, and will hope to inspire his side to victory again here. Meanwhile, with key Premier League forwards unable to travel due to restrictions, the stage looks set for Brazil’s Gabriel Barbosa given that he bagged a hat-trick in his last club appearance.
- Hot stat: The previous seven H2H goals all arrived after HT.